As Modig Fitness celebrates its 1 year anniversary, it seems only fitting to kick off a new addition to our website. Each month we will profile a different member of Modig Fitness. What a great way to learn about the Modig community and the people that motivate you. For our kickoff month we are actually profiling two people. Shanna Trottier and Dave Crumby are enthusiastic CrossFitters that represent varying lengths of time doing CrossFit. Please enjoy their responses to the questions below!
1. Where did you grow up? Ft Collins, CO
2. How long have you been CrossFitting? 3 years
3. What is your favorite WOD? There are too many to choose from…. probably the Bear Complex or The Sevens.
4. What is your favorite lift? I love them all!! Its my favorite part of the day.
5. What is your least favorite CF move? Double unders… they are my nemesis
6. What do you think is the biggest myth about CrossFit? That you can’t get a great workout and burn a ton of calories in 15 mins. I believed that for a long time!
7. What do you like to do (besides CrossFit) on the weekends? Spending time with family and friends whether its camping, football games, or taking Amaya on a new adventure.
8. What is something about you that most people don’t know? I quite often have a fear of trying new things.
9. What is your favorite (paleo or non-paleo) food? Non-paleo – there isn’t anything a bowl of ice cream cant fix. Paleo – chicken parmesan is my current favorite meal.
10. How has CrossFit changed your life? It has made me a stronger person, and I have had the opportunity to meet some truly wonderful people along the way.
1. Where did you grow up? Yuma, AZ
2. How long have you been CrossFitting? Summer 2012
3. What is your favorite WOD? All…as soon as I complete it. 🙂
4. What is your favorite lift? Dead lift.
5. What is your least favorite CF move? Overhead squat / wall ball
6. What do you think is the biggest myth about CrossFit? That it requires peak fitness to start
7. What do you like to do (besides CrossFit) on the weekends? Be outside….enjoy good conversation, good music and occasional beverage on roof top or patio. Talking about ideas and possibilities.
8. What is something about you that most people don’t know? This is the first organized instructional fitness ‘class’ i’ve ever done. I’ve managed to get through 41 years of life Zumba free!
9. What is your favorite (paleo or non-paleo) food? Toss up between Sushi and Mexican.
10. How has CrossFit changed your life? Made me enjoy the journey of fitness and health via a community