Guess what time it is? Yep, Modig Fitness profile time. Who doesn’t love knowing a little more about the people you are sweating, yelling, cheering and PR’ing next to, right? Enjoy finding out a bit more about Jenna McMurry.
- Where did you grow up? Just a small town girl from Buena Vista, CO
- How long have you been CrossFitting? 8 months
- What is your favorite WOD? Grace (30 clean & jerks for time), or any WOD that has cleans, burpees, pull ups, T2B, double unders, box jumps, or gymnastics moves!
- What’s your favorite lift? Cleans or deadlifts
- What’s your least favorite CF move? ROWING! I loathe the row machine. I don’t know if that counts, so my second least favorite would be wall balls.
- What do you think is the biggest myth about CrossFit? I love the one about how lifting heavy makes women huge. False! Cupcakes make women huge!
- What’s your favorite non-CrossFit activity? Growing up in the mountains I love anything outdoors! Among my favorites are Snowboarding/Skiing, Wakeboarding, Fishing, Hunting, Hiking, Mountain Biking. I also like Shopping, Brunch, Sporting Events and Breweries!
- What’s your nickname? Yenna
- What do you do for a living? I manage a personal lines department and work as an Underwriter specializing in placing insurance for high risk, and high net worth individuals.
- How has CrossFit changed your life? I don’t know that it has changed my life, but it has enhanced my life in many ways. I feel stronger both mentally and physically. At Modig I have found myself surrounded by motivated athletes/coaches that challenge me, encourage me, and share goals with me! In such a short amount of time I have surprised myself in so many ways. It is amazing achieving PR’s, and discovering things I never would have thought I was capable of.