Please take a couple minutes to learn more about one of Modig Fitness’s newer members, Amanda Ferguson! Amanda and her family recently relocated to Colorado and she found her way to Modig almost immediately. Read on!
- Where did you grow up? My father was a construction engineer so we moved around a lot when I was a kid. I was born in Memphis, TN; lived in Bowie, MD from the ages of 3-5; lived in Manassas, VA from the ages of 5-12; lived in Glastonbury, CT from the ages of 12-18; lived in Tucson, AZ from the ages of 18-22 for college (University of Arizona).
- How long have you been CrossFitting? Technically, only since October 2018. However I did small group in Spokane, WA for four years (4 individuals working out with a trainer three times per week). We did many of the same CF movements in small group. I also have competed in two women’s-only CF competitions.
- What is your favorite WOD? Any WOD but Murph (I really hate Murph)!
- What is your favorite lift? Bench Press 🙂
- What’s your least favorite CF move? Burpees 🙁
- Biggest myth about CF? That only elite athletes can do CrossFit!
- Favorite non-CrossFit activity? Listening to Howard Stern, walking my dog and spending time with my family.
- Nutritional habits? I try to be more conscience about using food to fuel and recover my body. I recently started a 4 Week Kickstart to Wellness journey through Modig and we are more than half way through!
- Nickname? None…
- What do you do for a living? I’ve been a stay at home mom for 7 years. I was a legal secretary for ten years prior to staying home.
- What is something people don’t know about you I love 80s hair bands and I have met Bret Michaels.
- What sort of impact has CrossFit had on you? CrossFit keeps me sane! Not only does it give me the opportunity for adult interaction, but it also helps me manage my anxiety. We recently relocated to Colorado and its been nice to meet people at Modig Fitness.