These are amazing. Thanks again to The Paleo Kitchen for the recipe. Crock pot or oven, both come out delicious. One tip that’ll cut your prep time in half is to bring out the ole’ Cuisinart and use it to mince the onions, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, etc. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 packed cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce (no sugar)
- Place all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large mixing bowl. Without overworking the meat, gently combine the ingredients so they are evenly distributed (using Cuisinart as instructed above makes this much easier). Then use your hands to form large meatballs.
- Line the bottom of a slow cooker with the meatballs. Pour tomato sauce over the meatballs, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours. If short on time, preheat oven to 400 degrees, place meatballs in a baking dish, cover with the sauce, and bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve over spaghetti squash!