The paleo challenge is officially on at Modig Fitness. And given that we added pre and post blood work as a component of the challenge, I’m sure everyone is excited to see the physiological and mental changes that will likely happen in the next 30 days. Eating 100% clean is not easy for many of us, so we thought we’d help you out by posting a few recipes a week from great websites like Colorado’s own PaleOMG.com. Enjoy and good luck!
Creamy Avocado and Chicken “Pasta”
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 2 avocados, pits removed
- 6 cups of fresh spinach (or more, if you’d like)
- 1lb chicken, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and remove the excess seeds and strings.
- Place open side down on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes or until spaghetti squash is soft when you push the skin or the threads easily come out when you take a fork to it.
- While your spaghetti squash cooks, place a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add two minced garlic cloves to your hot pan and then toss in your spinach. Let your spinach wilt down, then add it to your food processor.
- In the same pan, add your diced chicken and onion to cook down.
- Then add 1/2 tablespoon of parsley, thyme, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- While your chicken cooks down, add 2 avocados to your food processor along with your lemon, fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon of parsley, thyme, and garlic powder and a bit of salt and pepper, to taste. Puree until smooth, then add your 2 tablespoons of your leftover olive oil.
- Once your spaghetti squash is done cooking and cooled, dethread your spaghetti squash and place threads in a large bowl.
- Then add your chicken that has cooked completely through and top off with your spinach and avocado sauce.
- Mix thoroughly and top with a bit of basil.
- Eat it like you mean it!