Please meet one of our new members, Courtney Lake! Courtney has been a member of Modig Fitness since July and will be getting married in two weeks! Enjoy “meeting” Courtney and learning a bit more about her.
- Where did you grow up? New Jersey, or as some people like to say, “Joi-Zee”
- How long have you been CrossFitting? On and off since 2012.
- What is your favorite WOD? Cindy.
- What’s your favorite lift? Lately I am becoming more confident in my power snatch, and look forward to continued improvement.
- What’s your least favorite CF move? Oh geeze, probably split jerk – had a silly back injury from going too heavy.
- What do you think is the biggest myth about CrossFit? That all boxes/affiliations are created equal! (I’m so lucky to have stumbled upon Modig shortly after moving to CO.) I tend to encourage folks to give it another try if they’ve had a less than optimal experience their first go-round.
- What’s your favorite non-CrossFit activity? Hiking with my dogs, trail running when the altitude isn’t kicking my butt.
- How have your nutritional habits changed since starting CrossFit? I’ve tried it all since starting… Paleo, Whole 30, Keto (for like 2 days), and most recently Renaissance Periodization (addicted to my night time casein ritual). I’m typically most successful when I keep it simple — loosely counting macros, and enjoying good clean food.
- What’s your nickname? Court, Corky, Aunt Cookie
- What do you do for a living? Quit my corporate job of 22 years earlier this year, and in the process of starting up a small business.
- What’s something about you that people don’t know? In a former life, I completed a 100 mile trail run (ultra)…at sea level, mind you!
- How has CrossFit impacted you? It helps me to get out of my comfort zone, increases my confidence, and pushes me to do better. I have made life long friends through CrossFit who support and encourage me in all areas of life. There’s nothing quite like CrossFit community!
- What is one of your fitness/wellness goals right now? I am getting married in 2 weeks and rather than focusing on the scale (losing LBs) before the wedding, my goal is to be strong and healthy – be the best version of me!!